Are you looking for a good pair of water shoes for your next adventure?
Investing in a pair of water shoes is advisable as these shoes not only keep your feet protected from the slippery and wet surfaces but also allow your feet to breathe by draining the water accumulated in the shoe quickly.
These water shoes are designed for activities like kayaking, beach walking and others which involve walking on wet surfaces on which traditional shoes do not work well as they do not dry quickly. These shoes have a mesh-like surface which allows air circulation and drains the water quickly from the shoe to dry it. We have compiled a list of ten best water shoes for women to help you make an informed choice.
Editor Pick Best Water Shoes
Table could not be displayed.
WateLves Womens Water Shoes
With 42 designs to choose from, these water shoes from WateLves are great for beaches, hiking, and surf parties. They are also great for barefoot walking as they feel like socks because of their thin texture. Made with 92% polyester and 8% spandex, these shoes come with an anti-slip rubber sole which works well on wet and slippery surfaces. They are very lightweight and can be folded easily to fit smaller spaces. The shoes fit well and adapt to the shape of your feet to give you a comfortable experience. The fabric of the shoes dries quickly and drains sand and water out of the shoe well. The price of the shoes is quite affordable and you can also use them as disposable shoes.PROS:
- There are over 42 colorful designs to choose from.
- The shoes are quite lightweight and portable for long and tiring hikes.
- The price of the shoes is quite affordable as compared to other water shoe brands.
- The fabric is thin yet durable and the rubber outsole gives a good grip on wet surfaces.
- The fabric can get ripped quickly if you are not careful on rocky surfaces.
- It is difficult to find your size as the sizing options are not standard.
What we like about it:These shoes are quite lightweight and work well as disposable shoes also for hiking and kayaking purposes as the price is affordable. The sole is durable and works well for all types of water activities.
Barerun Barefoot Quick-Dry Water Sports Shoes
If you are looking for a classy pair of water shoes for women, these shoes from Barerun look extremely stylish and are available in 41 color combinations to choose from. They are made up of polyester and have a thick rubber sole to protect your feet from injuries. The upper part of the shoes is made up of a breathable mesh fabric which provides ample air circulation and dries out the shoes quickly. There are various sizes available to choose from and the smooth design of the shoes fits the shape of the feet perfectly. The price of the shoes is affordable and the quality is very good for the price.PROS:
- The shoes are available in a lot of color combinations to choose from.
- The thick rubber sole is durable and suitable for wet and rocky terrains.
- The shoes drain water and sand quickly and allow the skin to breathe.
- The shoes are lightweight and have a smooth ankle design.
- The shoes run a bit tight so you have to choose your size accordingly.
- They are not suitable for hiking over pointy and rocky surfaces.
What we like about it:These water shoes from Barerun are designed for keeping your feet in close connection with the ground while still providing good protection and grip at an affordable price.
Zhuanglin Women’s Quick Drying Aqua Water Shoes
If you want to invest in a sturdier pair of water shoes, the Zhuanglin quick drying aqua shoes look like athletic shoes and work like water shoes. They are available in 20 color options and are mesh up of a durable fabric with an air mesh upper. The shoes also have a Solyte midsole which adds bounce to the shoes and a water grip outsole for traction. The inside portion is fitted with a sockliner for providing breathability and cushioning to the foot. The size options of the shoes run large so it is better to choose a smaller size. The price is relatively higher than other water shoes but the sturdy and durable design makes them worthy of the price.PROS:
- The shoes come with a cushioned midsole and a grip outsole for proving traction on wet surfaces.
- The inner sockliner improves breathability and allows the shoes to dry quickly.
- There are many color options available in the shoes.
- The shoes are suitable for light walking also.
- The shoe size runs a little large so it is better to buy a smaller size.
- The price of the shoes is higher than other water shoes.
What we like about it:These shoes are great for all types of wet and dry surfaces as they work like athletic shoes but dry very quickly and have a breathable mesh upper. The price is a little high but the stylish design is good for the price.
ALEADER Women’s Mesh Slip on Water Shoes
These shoes from Aleader are known for their excellent fit and great durability. They are available in 20 color options and fit well for the size. The rubber outsole and the fabric of the shoe provide good comfort to the wearer and do not feel uncomfortable even if you wear the shoes for long hours. The design of the shoes includes a cushioned midsole for added comfort and a water grain outsole. The shoes provide great traction on slippery surfaces and dry quickly. The mesh upper is made using fluid drain technology which allows water to drain quickly. The shoe is suitable for all wet and dry surfaces and activities and the price is moderate.PROS:
- The shoes are very durable and last well for years if properly maintained.
- The amphibian shoe design is suitable for all surfaces and provides good traction.
- The shoes come at a moderate price and have a modern design.
- The cushioned midsole makes the shoes wearable for long hours.
- The soles have a hole in them for draining out water which can cause rocks to poke your feet on pointy surfaces.
- The shoes have a bit of a chemical smell which takes time to wear off.
What we like about it:These shoes are made for both wet and dry activities and work well for hiking and kayaking. They dry instantly and have a cushioned inner design.
Dreamcity Women’s Water Shoes
One of the most stylish water shoes for women, the Dreamcity women’s water shoes are expensive but completely worth it. The shoes are available in 20 color options and have a very feminine design. The design is very flexible and the shoes fit well for the size. The insole is a bit hard as compared to other water shoes but it gets comfortable once you start wearing the shoes often. The upper mesh is easy to clean and dries off very easily. The rubber outsole provides a great traction on all surfaces. The lightweight design is great for traveling purposes and fits into a small space also. The price of the shoes is very high as compared to other models.PROS:
- The shoes have a feminine design and go well with all outfits and occasions.
- The color options and the flexible design give the wearer a stylish experience and a comfortable wear.
- The shoes are quite lightweight and can be packed easily for traveling purposes.
- They are true to size and fit well on most feet shapes.
- The insole is a bit hard in the beginning and can feel uncomfortable.
- The price of the shoes is very high and they are expensive as compared to other water shoes.
What we like about it:These shoes look very stylish and are great for any indoor or outdoor activity with or without involving water. They have a comfortable fit and can be worn for the whole day without feeling any discomfort or pain.
Norocos Women’s Lightweight Water Shoes
If you are looking for a pair of really affordable socks-like shoes, the Norocos water shoes should be considered as they are quite lightweight and are great for activities like swimming, water aerobics, surfing, and beach sports. The shoes are made up of polyester and are available in 20 color options. The sole is made up of thermoplastic rubber which provides good traction. They do not have drainage holes but the shoes drain water well. The breathable upper feels soft on the feet and allows the shoes to dry really quickly. The price of the shoes is quite affordable and the shoes are durable enough to last for a few months if used extensively.PROS:
- The price of the shoes is quite affordable as compared to the quality and durability.
- The shoes are ultra-lightweight and can be folded to fit small spaces.
- The thermoplastic rubber soles are thin but are comfortable on all surfaces.
- The size options run true to size and provide a comfortable fit.
- The insole slips a little while walking.
- There is not enough cushioning on the sole of the shoes.
What we like about it:These shoes are quite affordable and are good for aquatic activities as they provide a comfortable and lightweight fit. They can be a bit thin for strenuous activities but work well for swimming etc.
Speedo Women’s Surfwalker 3.0 Water Shoe
Speedo is a brand which is well-known for its swimming accessories and these water shoes are bestsellers from the brand. There are six design options to choose from and the shoes are made up of quick-drying fabric. You can use them for walking on the beach or for water walking also. The shoes have a synthetic S-track outsole which prevents slippage. The stretchable upper makes it very easy to slip into the shoes. The shoes come with an Airmesh insert which provides a good fit and keeps the soles dry. The size has to be chosen carefully as the shoes stretch a little after use. The price of the shoes is moderate and the brand quality makes them worth the price.PROS:
- The shoes have a stylish design and are quite easy to put on and remove.
- The Airmesh insert keeps the shoes dry and breathable while draining water and sand quickly.
- The fabric of the shoe is quite durable and makes the shoes lightweight.
- The S-trak soles provide a good grip and work well on wet and slippery surfaces.
- The shoes stretch a little after some use so choose the size accordingly.
- The price can seem a bit high for people who are on a budget.
What we like about it:These shoes are great for people who want a durable pair of water shoes with a lightweight design for aqua aerobics or other water sports. They do not slip and are very easy to put on.
Clapzovr Women Water Shoes
Jelly shoes are very popular for water sports and these shoes from Clapzovr come with quick-dry PVC draining holes and an EVA outsole. The shoes are lightweight and work well for any aqua activity as they drain quickly and come with a reflexology insole which can be removed for cleaning. The shoes are available in five color options and have a good grip. You can use them for surfing, fishing, kayaking, beach walking etc. The shoes are made up of an eco-friendly material and are completely waterproof. They are also good for hikes which involve water bodies although the support and cushioning needed for long hikes may not be provided by these shoes. The price of the shoes is moderate.PROS:
- The jelly-like water shoes work well for all water-based activities.
- The shoes are made up of an eco-friendly material and are waterproof.
- The quick-dry PVC holes drain water quickly and allow the shoes to remain dry inside.
- The shoes are quite durable and last for years without any signs of wear.
- The shoes do not provide a lot of cushioning as they are meant for aqua activities only.
- The size options run a bit large so choose the correct size accordingly.
What we like about it:These shoes are great for doing all outdoor activities which involve water as they are completely waterproof and provide a good grip on wet and slippery terrains.
Ryka Women’s Hydrosport 2 Athletic Water Shoe
Designed like an athletic shoe, the Ryka Women’s water shoes look like running shoes but perform quite well in water also. They come with a removable footbed made up of perforated nitracel. The upper is made up of a breathable mesh and comes with synthetic overlays. The EVA foam midsole is compression moulded and comes with drainage holes for draining out water and sand. They dry quickly and do not feel heavy when wet. The shoes are available in two color options and come with a flexible outsole with drainage holes. They fit well and provide good cushioning and arch support also. The price of the shoes is a bit high but they last for years and are suitable for all outdoor activities.PROS:
- These shoes are perfect for all types of outdoor activities with or without involving water as they are designed like athletic shoes.
- The shoes are quite lightweight and dry quickly as they have drainage holes in them and the perforated mesh upper also aids in drying.
- The arch support and the cushion provided by the shoes is great.
- The removable footbed is easy to clean and adds breathability to the shoe.
- The price of the shoes is a bit high.
- The shoes do take a little bit more time in drying as compared to other water shoes.
What we like about it:These water shoes from Ryka work well for people who want to invest in a pair of shoes that are suitable for all outdoor activities. They are lightweight and drain well to give you a dry and comfortable experience all day long.
Adidas outdoor Women’s Terrex Climacool Voyager Sleek Water Shoe
With three colors to choose from, the Adidas Terrex water shoes are designed with Climacool technology. The midsole of the shoes come with drainage holes and the outsole is closed to protect your feet from pointy surfaces. The upper is made up of a breathable mesh which allows the shoes to dry quickly after getting wet in the water. The rubber outsole provides a good grip and excellent traction on all terrains. The design of the shoes is quite stylish and they work well with all outfits. The shoes run true to size and can be used for hiking, mountain climbing, kayaking, fishing etc easily. The price of the shoes is moderate and the quality makes them worth the price.PROS:
- The shoes are designed especially for women and have three color options to choose from.
- The perforated midsole drains water quickly from the sides and leaves the foot of the bed dry.
- The shoes can be used for all types of activities and come with a good amount of cushioning.
- The rubber outsole and the Climacool technology make these shoes quite durable and breathable.
- The price of these shoes can seem expensive to some users.
- The outsole does not come with drainage holes so the shoes can take some time to dry completely.
What we like about it:These water shoes from Adidas are quite comfortable and lightweight for long hikes and other activities which require good supportive shoes. They look stylish and are made using Climacool technology which is known for its comfort and breathability.
Check Video Review
Now that we have discussed about ten of the most popular water shoes available in the market, it is time to discuss the features which you should look out for when purchasing a pair of water shoes for use. Not all water shoes available in the market are true to their claims and investing in the wrong pair of shoes will not serve the purpose. There are some important factors that need to be considered while buying these water shoes and some of them include:
The most important criteria for any water shoe is that it should be breathable so that your feet do not feel wet and soggy all day long. Most water shoes come with a breathable and perforated mesh upper which allows the shoes to remain comfortable for as long as you are wearing them. The polyester and the PVC material of these types of shoes also help in improving breathability.
- Quick drying Design
Another critical criteria to consider is that the shoe should dry out quickly without holding the water inside. Water shoes are designed to dry as quickly as possible to allow you to carry on with your water sports fun. Some shoes do take a little longer to dry and some dry instantly so choose accordingly as this can play a major role in how efficient the shoes are. Shoes made up of thinner materials tend to dry quicker as compared to shoes with thick materials. Some shoes also come with EVA or PVC for better dryness.
All shoes which are designed for any kind of outdoor activity should be lightweight and comfortable to enable the user to enjoy the whole experience. Check if the shoes you are planning to buy are lightweight and comfortable enough to wear them for long hours on hiking, kayaking, or any beach activity. Do not buy shoes which are heavy and bulky as they can become heavier when they get in water and will not be easy to carry.
- Drainage Holes
Water shoes are supposed to drain the accumulated water and sand quickly to dry easily and for this purpose, they often come with a perforated midsole and an outsole with drainage holes for quick drainage. Some shoes also come with side drainage holes with closed outsoles to prevent your feet from getting hurt on the pointed terrains.
- Support & Cushioning
No matter which type of shoes you buy, they should have enough arch support and cushioning for protecting your feet and posture. Some shoes come with a cushioned midsole which is great for ensuring that the feet are protected from sudden jerks. Check the insole of the shoe before purchasing to get an idea of the type of support and cushioning it provides.
Some water shoes are to be used as disposable water shoes while some of them are durable enough to last for a few years if maintained well. Choose the shoes according to the purpose you are going to use them for. Do not invest in very expensive shoes if you do not go for a lot of aqua activities as the water shoes will not be quite useful.
The type of water shoes you wish to purchase can depend a lot on the budget you have in mind. Most water shoes cost anywhere between 20$ to 65$ while some of the models might be expensive than that also. Look for online deals and discounts that might help you save some money.
Q: Can I wear water shoes for non-water activities also?
Yes, you can wear water shoes for all types of outdoor activities as long as they are comfortable and are suitable for that particular activity. Some water shoes come with drainage holes at the bottom so it is better to avoid them if you are going to walk on rocky terrains.
Q: How to clean my water shoes?
You can clean your water shoes as you would clean any other shoes but make sure that you clean out the mud and the sand from the insole carefully so that they do not stay there when you plan to wear the shoes next. Water-based activities can also involve a lot of mud or impurities that enter the shoe along with the water to it is better to clean the shoe and let it dry completely before using it again.
Q: Will my feet get wet if i wear water shoes?
Of course they will get wet as water shoes are designed to dry quickly and are not completely waterproof. This being said, your feet will feel more comfortable while submerged in water as the shoes do not become heavy after getting drenched and drain water quickly. The fabrics and materials used in water shoes are water-resistant and nor waterproof.
Q: Are water shoes slip resistant?
Most water shoes come with good rubber outsole that provide a grip on wet and slippery surfaces so you can easily tread on the watery surface. Water shoes are designed to provide good traction and grip on all surfaces so they can definitely be called slip-resistant.
Q: Can I use water shoes for hiking?
Yes, water shoes can be used for hiking as long as you are going on short hikes and not long arduous hikes which require more supportive shoes. Water shoes prove to be quite useful during short hikes which also involve crossing water bodies.
Here are some tips and tricks which you should follow when it comes to buying and using water shoes to get the most out of your money:
- Choose a water shoe which is designed for the type of activity you are going to use them for different activities require different types of shoes.
- Go for a size which fits snugly around your foot and does not feel uncomfortable and tight. Some water shoes tend to run large so choose the right size accordingly.
- Do not wear your water shoes for hikes which involve a lot of walking over pointy and rocky surfaces as these shoes do not come with as much cushioning as regular hiking boots.
- Break in your new shoes by walking around the house wearing them before taking them outside to get the shoes accustomed to the shape of your feet.
- Keep the shoes clean by keeping them in a protective cover while not in use as dust and moisture can seep in and lead to mold growth inside the shoe if not cleaned and dried properly.
- Look for shoes which come with a stretchable upper as this type of upper makes it easy for you to take off your shoes if they are wet and also improves breathability.
- Do not share your water shoes with another person as these shoes are more flexible as compared to regular sneakers and can adapt to the shape of the foot of the other person.
- Avoid buying shoes which are very expensive as water shoes are meant to be used occasionally and should be discarded once they show signs of wear and tear. Continuous exposure to water can damage them quickly.
So these are the ten best water shoes available in the market which are great for water aerobics, swimming, beach walking, kayaking, hiking etc. They dry well and are quite lightweight so you do not have to carry around the weight of wet and soggy shoes. You can also wear these shoes for other outdoor activities but since they lack the cushioning that traditional athletic shoes provide, it is better to use these shoes for water-related activities only as they provide a good grip on wet surfaces.
Have you used water shoes? Which are your favorite water shoes?