Are you looking for a good wrist watch for women but are on a budget?
Some women love to wear a watch every day as it adds an element of style and sophistication to their outfit and they can refer time more easily than on a mobile.
While there are tons of options to choose from when it comes to watches for women, most luxury watches are too costly. To save you some time and help you find a watch on a budget, we have compiled a list of ten best watches for women under 500$ so that you can flaunt a great watch without burning a hole in your pocket:
Editor Pick Best Watches for women under 500
Table could not be displayed.
Ladies’ Swarovski Alegria Blue Dial Watch
This stunning blue watch from Swarovski, this model is one of the most expensive on the list but it is a statement piece and will draw compliments whenever you wear it. It has a case diameter of 32 mm and has a round dial embellished with Swarovski crystals that lend a beautiful finish to the dial. The color combination of gray and blue looks quite elegant and goes well with most outfits. The blue gradient dial makes the watch stand out from the common rose gold and gold watches. The gray metal strap can be adjusted according to the size of the wrist easily. The price of the watch might be high but it is a classic investment that is worth the high price.PROS:
- The classic and elegant design of the watch goes well with all outfits.
- The watch is lightweight and comes with an adjustable metal strap.
- The Bezel blue gradient dial of the watch is a conversation starter.
- The watch comes with a two years warranty and has quite a sturdy design.
- The price of the watch is higher than some of the other wrist watches.
- Some users can find the watch a bit fragile.
What we like about it:This watch from Swarovski is not only quite elegant and stylish but also has all the features of a good luxury watch. The blue dial with gray metal strap makes the watch look different than other common wrist watches.
Seiko Women’s Solar-Power Gold-Tone Bracelet Watch
If you are looking for a vintage wrist watch, the Seiko gold wrist watch comes with a mother of pearl sunray dial and has an analog display with a date window also. The Japanese design looks classy and gives a vintage look to the watch. It is solar-powered and has a stainless steel strap with a push-button closure. The watch is water-resistant and works well for up to 100 feet of water depth. It is very easy to set the date and time on the watch and you can get the strap adjusted according to the size of your wrist. The price of the watch is moderate but the quality of Seiko watches is incomparable.PROS:
- The watch has a vintage design with a mother of pearl dial and gold strap.
- The watch is solar-powered and lasts for years as it is very durable.
- The date and time settings are easy to set and the watch is water-resistant.
- The quality and the design of the watch make it worth the price.
- The watch may not appeal much to users who want a modern design.
- It feels a bit heavy on the wrist.
What we like about it:This vintage wrist watch from Seiko adds a touch of retro to your personality and looks classy. The yellow gold finish and the pearl dial go well with every outfit and allow you to check date and time easily.
Nixon Women’s Kensington Stainless Steel Watch
With 24 color options to choose from, this stainless steel watch from Nixon is a blend of elegant design and timeless functionality. It comes with a colorful leather strap and has a neat design which can work well for all occasions and outfits. The watch is water-resistant up to 165 feet of water depth but the leather strap might get damaged with continuous water exposure. The lightweight design and the adjustable leather strap make this watch a perfect investment for people on the go. The large stainless steel dial works for most wrist sizes and the straps can also be replaced easily. The price of the watch is lesser than other brands and the quality is also great for the price.PROS:
- The watch looks quite elegant and sophisticated with a classy design.
- The straps are available in many color options and can be easily replaced.
- The watch is water resistant up to 165 feet of water.
- The price of the watch is affordable as compared to other models.
- The durability of the watch is a bit less as compared to other stainless steel watches.
- The dial size of the watch can be a little big for tiny thin wrists.
What we like about it:This watch looks chic and brings color to your personality with its stylish leather straps and a smart stainless steel dial. The watch is lightweight and the quality is worth the price.
Armitron Women’s Purple Crystal Accented Gunmetal Bracelet Watch
One of the prettiest watches on this list, the Armitron purple crystal watch is a statement piece and comes with a gunmetal bracelet strap with a mother of pearl dial. The watch features Japanese quartz analog display and the three hands have a luminous finish. It is water-resistant for up to 165 feet. The Swarovski crystals embedded on the dial and the band add a beautiful ombre tone to the watch. The case of the watch is made up of brass and the band comes with fold-over clasp. The luxurious design of the watch makes it a great accessory for special events but avoid wearing it for sporty events which can damage the watch. The price of the watch is really affordable but it looks worth a lot more than it actually costs.PROS:
- The watch has a very luxurious look and comes embedded with crystals on the band and the dial.
- It is water-resistant up to 165 feet and is a great accessory for special occasions.
- The color combination of purple and gunmetal looks very modern and chic.
- The price of the watch is quite affordable.
- It is not a durable watch for extreme sports or for rough usage.
- The weight of the watch is a bit more than other watches.
What we like about it:This wrist watch from Armitron can be a great addition to your accessory collection as it is the right combination of luxurious design and an affordable price. The gunmetal and purple band with crystals looks stunning.
Swatch Women’s New Gent SUOW127 Multicolor Silicone Swiss Quartz Watch
If you looking for a fun and quirky watch with stylish prints, Swatch watches are what you should consider. They not only come with colorful designs but are also quite durable. The case of the watch is made up of white plastic with a matte finish and the band is made up of white silicone. The watch comes with a matte white plastic buckle with loops to fasten the band. The floral detailing on the band adds color to the white watch and matches with the dial. The device has a water-resistant depth of 30 meters and weighs less than most wrist watches. The size of the dial is 41 mm and the width of the band is 20 mm so the watch looks good on most wrist sizes. The price of the watch is reasonable as it lasts for years if maintained properly.PROS:
- The white matte design of the watch makes it look different and quirky.
- The colorful floral print gives a feminine touch to the watch.
- It is lightweight and very durable with water resistant depth of 30 meters.
- Swatch watches come with excellent quality and last well for years.
- The flower print on the watch gets faded with regular use and exposure to water.
- The dial of the watch is a bit larger than most wrist watches.
What we like about it:Swatch makes some of the most durable and colorful watches and this floral watch from the brand is a statement accessory. It looks funky and has a fun appeal to it with the white matter finish and floral print.
Fossil Women’s Virginia Watch
Fossil is a well-known brand in the watch world and the Virginia wrist watch for women is a great watch for the modern women. It blends elegance with style and looks quite smart on the wrist. The watch comes with a rose gold and horn acetate band and dial with crystals studded on the bezel. The dial size of the watch is 30 mm and the band comes with a clasp closure. The dial has crystal markers and the numbers are written in roman numerals. The watch has a water resistant depth of 165 feet and comes with an adjustable band to fit any wrist size. The price of the watch is moderate and it is always a great investment if you buy a watch from Fossil.PROS:
- The rose gold dial and band with horn acetate dial look quite elegant and sophisticated.
- The quality of the watch is very good according to the price.
- The adjustable strap links make it easy to adjust the watch to your wrist size.
- The watch comes in a beautiful packaging and a storage box.
- The watch is a bit heavy and the dial will look big on people with small wrists.
- The crystals embedded on the bezel come out if you knock the watch accidentally on any surface.
What we like about it:This rose gold watch from Fossil is a must-have if you want an elegant wrist watch for office or special occasions. It comes with adjustable band and has a crystal-embedded bezel which makes it shine.
Michael Kors Womens MK5145 Runway Chronograph
If you are looking for a chronograph, the Runway wrist watch from Michael Kors is a great piece to own. Made with white and gold color combination, this watch comes with a case of 38 mm and a silicone link band. This watch has one of the highest water resistant depths as it works well for up to 330 feet so you can also take it for diving and other water-based activities. The round chronograph dial with white silicone bracelet band makes this watch look like jewellery which goes well with all types of outfits. The price of the watch is a bit high as compared to other wrist watches but Michael Kors is a luxury brand and you get a great piece which is worth your money.PROS:
- The white horn acetate and rose gold combination looks dainty and graceful.
- The watch has a very high water resistance depth and is quite durable.
- The silicone link band can be adjusted easily and does not accumulate dirt.
- The size of the dial will suit ladies who prefer a big dial for their wrist watches.
- The price of the watch is a bit high as compared to other watches.
- The watch is not very suitable for sports activities as it can break under high impact.
What we like about it:Michael Kors makes some great luxury watches and the Runway Chronograph for women is designed to combine class and style. The white and rose gold bracelet style looks like jewellery so you can wear it with all dresses.
Guess Women’s Stainless Steel Silicone Casual Watch
A casual and sleek watch, this model from Guess comes with a blue silicone strap and a gold-toned dial. It has a sporty design and uses the Guess logo on the dial to add a touch of luxury to the model. The combination of gold and navy blue is unique and sophisticated. The dial size is 40 mm which can be a little big for ladies with smaller wrists. The watch has a low water resistance depth as it can only work well if the water depth is lesser than 33 feet. It can withstand occasional exposure to rain but should not be immersed completely in water. The blue silicone band comes with a buckle clasp for closure. The price of the watch is moderate and its quality and design are completely worth the price.PROS:
- The watch has a sporty and sleek look so it can be worn on all occasions.
- The gold toned dial goes well with the navy blue silicone belt.
- The watch is quite lightweight despite the big dial size.
- The quality of the watch makes it quite durable for long-term use.
- The watch has a 40 mm dial which is a little big for ladies with thin wrists.
- The water resistance depth of the watch is quite less.
What we like about it:If you are looking for a sleek watch that does not seem dressy or delicate, you can invest in this watch from Guess. The gold and navy blue color combination is quite classy and the silicone band adjusts well to the wrist size.
Swarovski Crystalline Oval Rose Gold Tone Bracelet Watch
Another expensive and delicate jewellery watch, the Swarovski rose gold bracelet watch is made up of 1700 crystals that lend a unique look to the watch. The watch comes with two rings for the dial. The outer rose gold ring encases the inner crystal-studded dial. The inner smaller dial is a white sunray dial and comes with the Swarovski logo for the 12 o’ clock marker. The swan logo looks elegant and stylish. With a water resistance depth of up to 100 feet, the watch looks very elegant and will draw compliments. The case size is 37 mm and the band comes with a buckle closure. The price of the watch is very high and it is one of the most expensive watches you can get under 500$.PROS:
- The double rings in gold tone make the watch look like a jewellery bracelet.
- The inner dial is embedded with 1700 crystals which make the watch look so elegant and luxurious.
- The water resistance depth of the watch makes it suitable for all types of activities.
- The swan logo on the dial adds to the authenticity of the watch.
- The price of the watch is very high due to the number of crystals used in the watch.
- It is a bit dainty and delicate so it cannot withstand a lot of strain.
What we like about it:This double ring watch from Swarovski is a great accessory for ladies who prefer dainty and jewellery-like watches. Its crystal studded center makes it a statement piece and a conversation starter.
Anne Klein Women’s Swarovski Crystal Accented Watch
With six colors to choose from, this watch from Anne Klein comes with a 33 mm dial and a mineral window. The watch is encrusted with Swarovski crystals and comes with a jewellery clasp closure. The crystals form a ring around the dial and make the watch shine in dark. The bracelet-style band has a chain pattern and looks delicate. The watch is suitable for both parties and office wear as it looks like a sophisticated and dainty bracelet. The thin band can be adjusted easily to suit your wrist size. The only issue with the model is that it is not resistant to water. The watch has an affordable price also and is great for gifting purposes as well.PROS:
- The watch looks very delicate and is good for parties and office wear.
- It is encrusted with Swarovski crystals and has a rose gold chain like bracelet band.
- The price of the watch is quite affordable and the quality is good as compared to the price.
- The color options available in the watch make it easier for people to choose according to their preferences.
- The watch is not water resistant so you cannot wear it for sports activities.
- The bracelet band is quite thin so it can break easily.
What we like about it:This watch is a dainty model so you can buy it for wearing to parties and special occasions. It is good for office wear too and the chain bracelet adds a touch of elegance to the model.
Choosing a women’s watch can be a complex task as there are so many options to consider and the budget may vary since watches can cost a few dollars or a few thousand dollars depending on their brand and quality. There are a few factors that should be considered when buying a wrist watch for women. Some of these factors include:
- Dial size
Most women wrist watches come with a standard dial size but some of them have bigger dials. It is more of a personal choice and how the watch looks on your wrist so choose the model which has a good dial size that suits your wrist size. Do not go for very big dials which can feel uncomfortable and heavy on the wrist.
Analog and chronograph watches are the two main types of wrist watches available. If you need a stopwatch with date and time, you can go for chronograph watches while if you simply need a watch to refer time, you can go for a simple analog watch. Digital watches are also available for women but most women tend to prefer analog watches for their design and looks.
You can choose between a dainty and sophisticated watch or a sporty and sleek watch depending on your personal preference and occasion. Sleek and durable watches with silicone belts are good for outdoor activities while metallic watches should be reserved for parties and office wear as they can break easily. Do not go for very delicate watches which can break under the slightest pressure.
- Strap length & adjustability
The strap of the watch should be of adequate length to fit your wrist properly. The links should be adjustable and should come with a sturdy clasp to ensure proper closure. You can choose between a leather strap or a metallic strap depending on the usage you have. The watch belt should feel comfortable and lightweight on the wrist.
- Quality & Durability
This is one of the main criteria for consideration as a wrist watch is not bought often and its quality can play a huge role in how long it will last. Some wrist watches are quite delicate and should be reserved for special occasions and some watches are suitable enough to play all sports while wearing it.
- Water Resistance depth
If you are planning to wear your watch during swimming, diving, or snorkeling, it is better to check its water resistance depth before purchasing it. Most models come with a water resistance depth of up to 100 feet but some are even suitable for depths up to 330 feet and some are not water resistant at all.
This can be the deciding factor when it comes to watches as a wrist watch for women can cost anywhere between 20$ to 2000$ depending on its brand. While all watches covered here are under 500$, it is advisable to set a budget beforehand to avoid splurging. Look out for deals and discounts which can help you save some money if you are eyeing an expensive watch.
Q: What is the accuracy of a branded wrist watch?
Most good wrist watches come with an accuracy of 30 seconds which means that they may gain or lose 45 seconds a month. This has no effect on the working of the watch as it adjusts itself easily and the time can also be adjusted with the knob on the side.
Q: What is water resistance of a watch?
Water resistance of a watch means the depth till which the watch can function normally under water. Most watches come with a water resistance depth of 30 meters or 100 feet. You can wear these watches for swimming and they survive well if exposed to rain occasionally but it is advised to protect your watches as much as possible from water exposure as this can cause the water to enter the machine and damage its working.
Q: How do i clean my wrist watch?
Watches with metal strap can be cleaned with a wet cloth but leather straps should not be exposed to water. Some watches come with washable silicone straps so you can easily wash them and let them dry for use but wiping the dial with a clean cloth works well for most watches. You can also take your watch to a watch showroom to get it professionally cleaned.
Q: Can the links of the band be removed at home?
No. A watch should only be handled by an expert as it contains many delicate moving parts. If you want to get the strap adjusted or some extra links removed, you can take the watch to any watch mechanic and can get the job done easily in cheap. You can also get your band replaced at any watch store so change the look of your watch completely after you have worn it for a while.
Here are some tips and tricks you should keep in mind while buying and using wrist watches:
- Keep your watch protected from heavy perspiration if you are prone to perspiration by wiping the bottom of the dial regularly with a soft clean cloth.
- Exposure to magnets can damage the moving parts of the watch. Keep the watch away from fridge magnets, electric motors, loudspeakers etc to protect the delicate parts.
- Avoid changing the date and time of your watch between 10 P.M to 2 A.M as you can disturb the natural time and calendar setting of the watch.
- Chemical exposure can also lead to various color changes in the dial and the strap of the watches so keep your watches protected by placing them away from any cleaning products.
- Do not keep your watch under direct sunlight as this can alter the color of the strap and can make leather straps shrink to a smaller size.
- Always wear your watch slightly looser in summers so that the strap can absorb the perspiration easily and does not leave marks on the wrist.
- Buy spare parts for any watches only from the recognized service centers of that particular brand and avoid buying local parts which can damage the watch beyond repair.
- Do not throw away the box that your watch came in as this can be a storage box to keep the watch in when not in use to protect it from dust and water exposure.
- Check if the strap of the watch you are considering to buy is anti-allergic so that it does not cause any rashes or allergies on the wrist.
So this was a detailed compilation of ten best wrist watches for women under 500 dollars. Some of these models are quite dainty while some have a sporty look so you can choose according to the type of usage the watch is going to be exposed to. Choosing a watch for women is a tough decision but these ten classy and stylish options make it very easy for you to choose one model according to your style preferences and budget.
Which is your favorite brand when it comes to choosing wrist watches for women?
Some women love to wear a watch every day as it adds an element of style and sophistication to their outfit and they can refer time more easily than on a mobile. While there are tons of options to choose from when it comes to watches for women, most luxury watches are too costly. To save you some time and help you find a watch on a budget, we have compiled a list of ten best watches for women under 500$ so that you can flaunt a great watch without burning a hole in your pocket:
Which is your favorite brand when it comes to choosing wrist watches for women?