Electric grill is a universal kitchen appliance, with which you can not only fry meat or other products, but also cook for a couple. Many devices are suitable for home use, and are applicable in country houses. There are quite a few varieties of models, so first, let’s figure out what electric grills are:
- Universal, closed or open. Using the first, you can choose the most suitable way of cooking, closed models resemble a press, which allows you to cook food in the same way as in an ordinary oven or oven. In open devices, the work surface is located directly above the infrared heating element;
- Contact and non-contact – everything is clear here: in the first case, the products are in contact with the heating element, in the second there is no such contact;
- Stationary and portable, the former being not only desktop, but also outdoor. Portable can be used for trips to the countryside;
- The material of which the working surface is made is steel, glass-ceramic or cast iron. Glass ceramics are easy to clean, but quite fragile, so they are purchased less often. The most universal and durable metal model is considered to be equipped with a non-stick coating; moreover, the price of a grill with such a surface is not too high;
- The case can be made of plastic or stainless steel. In the first case, the device will be characterized by a low price, but not too good quality, the stainless case will last much longer.
We tried to make the most complete rating of the best electric grills, so that the reader could easily decide on the choice of device. The review was compiled not only on the basis of key characteristics of the device, but also on the basis of user reviews, so it included only the most popular products.
List of the Best Electric Grills Consumer Report 2022
11. Giantex 1350W Electric BBQ Grill
The Giantex 1350W Electric BBQ grill is perfect for outdoor use on your patio. This grill can also be used for camping or tailgating. It has a 4 temperature setting so you can easily cook different types of foods. This electric grill from Giantex comes with a stand and a base. This grill is easy to assemble and clean. It includes a condiment tray for holding seasonings and other necessary items.
10. The Original Shabu Shabu Hot Pot w/BBQ Grill
The Original Shabu Shabu Hot Pot with BBQ Grill is a unique and versatile electric cooking appliance. You can now eat shabu shabu or hot pot while grilling shrimp or other seafood at the top. The unit is made from durable stainless steel and designed to last. This cooking pot with BBQ grill has a removable inner pot for easy cleanup. This unit is designed to be used for steaming or grilling, and includes a simple way to switch between the two cooking methods. The grill and hot pot is easy to assemble and use.
9. Americana Portable Utility Tabletop Electric Grill
The Americana utility tabletop grill is portable and easy to use. 1500-watt element and 164-square-inches of Cooking Surface. The grill has thermostatic controls so you can cook various foods at the right temperature. This grill has 164 square inches of cooking space and is designed for outdoor use. This tabletop electric grill has a grease cup at the back of the pedestal base for easy cleanup. It works well for tailgating and camping where electricity is available.
8. Americana Lock ‘N Go Electric Grill, Red
The Americana Lock ‘N Go electric grill comes in a vibrant red color. Supplies 1500-Watt of grilling power with a variable thermostat. It has a high-temperature painted finish that’s designed not to peel or chip from heat. The pedestal base makes the grill sturdy and easy to use on different surfaces. This grill features 176 inches of cooking space for grilling burgers, steaks, hot dogs, and more. This grill is designed for outdoor use.
7. Char-Broil 17602048 TRU Infrared Patio Bistro Electric Grill
This electric grill from Char-Broil includes an easy to use temperature control knob for precise grilling. This versatile grill features folding shelves on the sides for extra storage and food prep. The large capacity grease tray is easy to reach for quick cleanup. The grill also has cord storage for convenience. The Char-Broil TRU Infrared Patio Bistro electric grill has 240 square inches of cooking space.
6. George Foreman GFO3320GM Indoor/Outdoor Gun Metal Electric Grill
The George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor electric grill comes in a stylish gunmental color. The grill plate is covered in a premium nonstick ceramic coating that’s 5x more durable than the original George Tough coating for long-lasting performance and easy cleanup. It has adjustable temperature control with 5 different heat settings. This grill has 240 square inches of grilling space to easily accommodate large amounts of food at once. The unique fat removing slope makes for healthier grilling with easy cleanup. This grill from George Foreman can be used indoors or outdoors for convenience.
5. Hot Shot Indoor Electric Smokeless Grill
The Hot Shot electric smokeless grill is designed for indoor or outdoor use. This electric grill has dual cooking surfaces. Both the grilling plate and flat griddle plate are non-stick for cooking all types of foods. The drip tray catches grease and can be put into the dishwasher for quick and convenient cleanup. This compact grill is designed to create the same tastes and grill marks as an outdoor gas grill, but with portability and easy cleanup.
4. Weber 55020001 Q 2400 Electric Grill
The Weber electric grill is compact and perfect for use while camping or tailgating. It has porcelain enameled cast-iron cooking grates with a cast aluminum lid and body. This grill has 280 square inches of cooking space so you can easily grill lots of food at once. It comes with a 6 foot power cord. This grill from Weber comes fully assembled out of the box.
3. George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
This electric grill from George Foreman has nonstick coating for easy cleanup. It has a temperature indicator light so you can cook food at precise temperatures. The included temperature control allows you to choose from 5 different heat settings. This grill has 240 square inches of cooking space. The George Foreman 15-serving electric grill can be used indoors or outdoors.
2. Delonghi Multigrill CGH 1030D
This is a contact type electric grill, equipped with electronic control and corrugated plates (a set of flat plates is also included in the kit). You can cook not only meat, vegetables or sandwiches, but also waffles and other confectionery products. The device has an electronic display on which all the necessary information is displayed. The device has automatic temperature control, which allows you to thoroughly fry meat, each of the plates has its own temperature controller.
The grill has an appropriate application that allows you to control it and track the cooking process remotely, on the screen of your mobile phone. The grease collection pan is built-in, removable, it can be washed in a dishwasher, like other removable parts of the device.
1. Tefal Optigrill+XL GC722D34
One of the best models of electric grills presented in our review today. The rest is an ideal design, its main distinguishing feature is the automatic determination of the degree of steak roasting. For this, a sensor is located on the working surface, which will change the temperature of the preparation of the dish depending on its thickness. The circular display shows the degree of frying – from one to six.
Recently, the release of a modernized model with an increased area of the working plates, which are installed at a slight slope, was announced – excess fat is removed on its own. In addition, a mode of defrosting foods is provided, all cooking parameters can be adjusted in manual mode. There are nine automatic programs for various types of food – red or white meat, poultry, fish, sausages, sandwiches, burgers and so on. The kit does not provide removable panels.
What parameters are considered when buying an electric grill?
Despite the fact that there are a large number of such devices on sale today, buying the most suitable is not as easy as it might seem at first glance. There are a number of recommendations given by experts that help you choose a quality product at a very suitable cost:
- On the surface of the case there must be a lever responsible for adjusting the temperature, since different dishes require varying degrees of heating of the heater;
- It will not be superfluous to have an LED indicator indicating the power is on;
- The average grill power is in the range of 1.5-1.7 kW, however, for a complete frying of meat, it is better to buy devices with a similar indicator from 2 to 2.5 kW;
- If financial means allow, it will not hurt to take a model equipped with the function of maintaining the required temperature;
- The pallet must be removed, otherwise it will make it difficult to clean the device after cooking;
- The working surface should be smooth – this also facilitates the use of the product;
- If the height of the legs and cover is adjustable, this will make the operation of the structure even more convenient;
- Non-stick coating can be provided if it is planned to cook food for a couple;
- The electric grill is necessarily equipped with a system of protection against overheating, increased loads and so on.
Which electric grill to choose for the home?
- In contact meat and vegetables are in close contact with the heating element. Cuddling, the corrugated platform leaves fried stripes on the products. The plates have a non-stick coating; nothing sticks to them.
- Contactless fry products in an upright position. Allocated juice and fat flows into the tray. These devices are cooked in an enclosed space – inside the grill. Their design is often made of metal and with elements of tempered glass to observe the cooking process. It’s convenient to cook meat on a skewer, it does not burn.
So, you read our review of the best electric grills that can be found on sale today. We hope he helped you choose the most suitable equipment specifically for your needs and goals.